Since 2010 we have generated a lot of information on the issues of young health which we hope can help others to advance knowledge, and advocate and work with young people more effectively.
This section contains research studies that YHP has supported including those from:
- The Population Research Bureau (Risk Factors for NCDs in Africa, Asia and the Middle East)
- The Economist Information Unit (score-carding NCD policy in ten countries)
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (welfare of adolescents in vulnerable environments)
- Imperial College London (worldwide trends in youth body max index)
- DePaul – homelessness in the UK Acıbadem
- Republic of Turkey Maltepe University Department of Psychology
- Our own research including an overview of the issues and an analysis of the social return of our activities
We have a series of policy papers often, produced in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders such as the NCD Alliance, NCD Child and UNICEF, focused on :
- the prevention of NCD risk behaviours in adolescence
- integrating health services for young people
- prioritising policy for greatest impact
In this section we have more information about the programmes developed and run in the various YHP countries – from Australia to Zambia
We also include advice on how to engage young people through the Youth Engagement Toolkit and a learning guide for health programming from Plan International.
We have a range of videos usually presented by the young people with whom we work, talking through the issues that they face and the contribution that the YHP has made – from Brazil, India, Kenya and Spain
You can also find an overview of YHP in numbers and other materials.
scientific and other papers supported or produced by the YHP
resources to inform and support advocacy work
more information about the in-country programmes
YHP overviews and country insights